School Social WorkersTheresa Reda, LMSW Kristen Rigaglia, LMSWPrimrose: (914) 248-8888 x1310; Tue/Thu/Fri Middle School: (914)277-3399 x4310; Mon/ThuIntermediate: (914)277-4344 x2310; Mon/Wed/Fri High School: (914)248-8585 x4310; Tue/Wed/FriVision: An excellent school social work program ensures that the importance of each student is recognized. We will make a concerted effort to communicate and demonstrate our concerns and commitment for each student. As a result, each student will feel that he or she is valued as a member of the school community. In an exemplary school social work department:
· Understanding of barriers to learning and interventions that foster improvement of student well-being and academic progress.
· Fostering educational environments that are safe, have supportive and fair responsive policies.
· The social-emotional well-being of each child is continually monitored, and appropriate services are initiated as needed.
· Provide basis for advocating for students rights to be treated with respect and dignity, confidentiality, access to support services and appropriate inclusion in decision making.
· Advocate for students and their families including helping them gain in effective use of formal and informal community resources.
· Professional learning is encouraged and supported in a collaborative environment.
Values: In order to advance our shared vision of an excellent school social work program, we will:
· Provide each child with a safe and caring environment.
· Collaboratively monitor the social and emotional wellness of each child.
· Grow as a professional team and build on our strengths.
· Provide empathy and support to students and families.
· Building strategies to promote student resiliency through individual, groups, and classroom delivery systems.
· Maintain confidentiality to colleagues, parents/guardians, and children.