Hello! My name is Alison Genez and I am looking forward to teaching and learning with your child throughout their first grade experience here at Primrose!
The first few weeks of school involve getting to know one another, establishing routines, reacquainting ourselves with the building, and exploring the classroom environment. The children and I will be creating guidelines for our classroom entitled The We Wills. The We Wills provide a framework of guidelines the children and I use throughout the year to make our classroom a fun, safe, and productive learning environment. I am looking forward to another fun-filled year with my new first graders!!!
We will have snack every day in the early part of our morning, please remember to bring in a healthy snack and a labeled water bottle to keep at your desk (label all lunch and snack baggies with your name).
The best way to contact me is through school email email@example.com or with a note sent in your child’s folder with a number you can be reached at.
- 3 dozen #2 Ticonderoga sharpened pencils
- 4 large glue sticks
- 2 THIN low odor dry erase marker (BLACK)
- 1 clean white sock to use for an eraser
- Crayola Crayons 24 count
- 1 thick yellow highlighter
- 1 pink beveled eraser
- 2 bottom pocket folders
- 1 box tissues
- 2 packages of baby wipes
- Girls- Thick Crayola Markers- 8 count
- Boys- Thin Crayola Marker – 8 Count
- Girls- I box of quart size Ziploc Bags with the Sliding Zipper
- Boys- 1 box of Gallon size Ziploc Bags with Sliding Zipper
- Headphones (for use in the computer lab and in the classroom, these headphones will be used for computerized literacy and math assessments this year as well. Please do not send in earbuds.) Please send them in a large Ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name on it.
- Scholastic News Subscription Money- Please write a check made payable to Scholastic Inc. in the amount of $6.05.
Please note your child will not need a pencil box to keep in their desk or scissors
If you can please sharpen all pencils before sending them to school that would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
PLEASE drop off supplies in a bag labeled with your child's name on it by August 29th. This will give me the opportunity to organize supplies prior to the first day of school. Thank you in advance for all supplies and sending them in early!!
Enjoy the remainder of the summer!