Welcome to Kindergarten! August, 2020
Welcome to Kindergarten! A wonderful year filled with learning, fun, and friendship lies ahead of your child. Our focus this school year is to provide your child with a safe, comfortable, engaging, and enriching kindergarten experience. I know that the year ahead comes with much uncertaintly and worry, please know that we will do our best to provide a safe and caring environment for your child this year. No matter what lies ahead, working in partnership together, we will make this school year a successful and memorable one for your child.
As a special education classroom we have two fantastic teaching assistants that will be working alongside me to best support your child and their varying learning, social-emotional, and behavioral needs. Mrs. Cohen and Mrs. O'Shea will also be supporting your child's learning and growth this school year. Together we will focus on building your child's independence, inter-personal skills, social emotional growth, and academic learning. Mrs. Cohen, Mrs. O'Shea and I are looking forward to embarking on another year together in our 12:1:2 "FLEX" special education program!
Please take a minute to look over some important information below...
- Snack/Lunch - Children will be eating snack and lunch each day inside the classroom. Please pack a snack and a drink each day for your child. Please alert me of any food allergies or sensitivities that your child may have.
- Student Supplies - Please review the supplies list on the left side panel of this webpage. You may send in your child's supplies bit by bit in the first few days of school or you can bring the supplies to the main office prior to the start of school (*Please be sure all supplies are labeled with your child's name, Mrs. Dwyer, and room A4).
- Kindergarten Open House - Open House or "Back to School Night" is scheduled for Tuesday September 8th at 7:00pm via ZOOM.
- Please check back to our website for a special "Meet the Teachers" FlipGrid activity - coming soon!
- Feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions you may have!
We are excited to begin this journey with you and your child this school year. It is going to be a wonderful year!
Jenna Dwyer, Risa Cohen, & Maryanne O'Shea