Welcome to Ms. Sebastiano's Kindergarten Class!
Mrs. Kathy Marenghi, Teaching Assistant
I am looking forward to meeting all of you and to spending an exciting year of learning with you and your child! Here are just a few important things you need to know as we begin our year together…
As you know, all information from the district will be sent via email or posted on the school website. It is important to check the website regularly. I will alert you via email when I have posted something new.
Supplies: During the school year we need various supplies to help us enhance the curriculum and to maintain a sanitary classroom. Since storage space is limited, I will be sending home a note letting you know when it is your turn to send in these supplies, such as baby wipes and napkins.
For September all children will need:
- 1 pocket folder, any design (bottom pockets only, please). Please choose a sturdy folder that is made of coated paper. Plain paper folders do not last long. Papers tend to fall out of plastic folders and get lost. Please do not purchase folders that have a middle section that you can put hole punched papers in. It makes it difficult to fit papers in the pockets. Please do not write your child’s name on the outside of the folder, I will have name stickers for them.
- 1 current photo of your child. It will be returned in June.
- 2 80 count packages of unscented baby wipes
- 1 box of tissues
- 2 boxes of 24 Crayola Crayons
- 1 box of Classic Crayola Markers (8 – 10 markers per box)
- 2 Expo Dry Erase Markers (low odor, round tip)
- Headphones for our computers, no earbuds, please! Please take the headphones out of their pakaging and put them in a gallon size Ziploc bag labelled with your child's name. It is important that they be in a gallon size bag so that your child can take their headphones in and out independently.
- One ½” or 1” 3 ring binder (not floppy, durable view cover please)
- 25 page protectors
- 1 large package of plain white napkins
- 100 pennies
This list includes the items from the general Kindergarten supply list, plus a few extra items.
Please see the file “Penny Collection” posted on my web page. I will supply a penny holder for each child.
Your child may bring in their supplies during our classroom visit on September 3rd or to their screening appointment in September. You may also drop off supplies in the main office. Please do not write your child’s name on their supplies, unless otherwise noted. We share our supplies.
Snacks: In order to help your child maintain energy throughout the day you will need to send in a HEALTHY snack to school each day, including half days. Healthy snack guidelines will be posted on my website. We will be having snack in the morning. Please refrain from sending in candy and other sugary snacks.
VERY IMPORTANT…If your child is known by a name other than the name you registered them with, please let me know ASAP via my e-mail address, email@example.com. This will allow me to have your child’s name posted correctly in our classroom when you visit. Thank you!
I am looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday, September 3rd at 3:15PM for our visit.
Ms. Gina Sebastiano