Somers Middle School Nurse's Office
Fax Number: 845-276-7636
School Nurse: Melanie Bernardi
Somers Central School District
We, the Somers Central School District Nursing Department, will empower each student to achieve their individual learning potential by promoting optimal health, wellness and safety.
A comprehensive school nursing program ensures that the importance of the health and well-being of each student is recognized. We are dedicated to communicating and demonstrating our concerns and commitment for each student. As a result, each student will feel that he or she is valued as a member of the school community.
An exemplary nursing department:
- Employs a team of professionals, with a wealth of specialized training and education, to assess the medical needs of our students and implement a treatment plan.
- Advocates for individual student health needs in a collaborative setting.
- Provides a non-judgmental, safe and caring environment that promotes trust.
- Encourages students’ independence and participation in their physical, social and emotional well-being.
- Fosters communication with parent/guardians and school staff on individual health and medical needs.
- Promotes professional learning which is encouraged and supported in a collaborative environment.
In order to advance our shared vision of a comprehensive school nursing program, we will:
- Provide each child with a safe and caring environment that enables him or her to develop healthy decision-making skills.
- Collaboratively monitor the physical, social and emotional wellness of each child.
- Provide confidentiality to colleagues, parents/guardians, and children.
- Model healthy habits to all students.
- Grow as a professional team and build on our strengths.