Somers Middle School Counseling Office
2023-2024 School Year
Department Office Assistant – Mrs. Mariellen Coogan, 914-276-2588
- 6th Grade – Mrs. Ellen Bieber, ext. 3306, EBieber@somersschools.org
- 7th Grade – Mrs. Stephanie Kurchack, ext. 3308; SKurchack@somersschools.org
- 8th Grade – Mr. John Fleck, ext. 3307; JFleck@somersschools.org
- 6th Grade – Mr. Sean Kennelly, ext. 3310; SKennelly@somersschools.org
- 7th & 8th – Dr. Samantha Morrison, ext. 3311; SMorrison@somersschools.org
- Weslinne Cespedes, ext. 3305; WCespedes@somersschools.org
Student Assistance Counselor
- Amanda Casey, ext 5311; ACasey@somersschools.org
Mission: We, the Somers Central School District Counseling Department, will nurture our school community by advocating for and promoting a healthy learning environment in order to ensure individual student success in current and future endeavors.
Vision: An excellent school counseling program ensures that the importance of each student is recognized. We will make a concerted effort to communicate and demonstrate our concerns and commitment for each student. As a result, each student will feel that he or she is valued as a member of the school community. In an exemplary counseling department: Attention is focused on facilitating the successful transition of our students between the four schools. Each student and family is provided the information, assistance, and support that enable him or her to develop personalized educational and career goals. The social-emotional well-being and academic progress of each child are continually monitored, and appropriate services are initiated as needed.The resources of the department are available to individual students, families, classes, grade levels, and teachers. Professional learning is encouraged and supported in a collaborative environment.