Welcome to the Somers Special Education Parent Teacher Association (SEPTA)
Without you, we are one member short! Join the SEPTA today!
Somers Special Education Parent Teacher Association (SEPTA) is a district-wide PTA whose primary role is to provide resources and support to parents, teachers, and children who receive special education services through an IEP, 504 Plan, related support services such as resource room, counseling, and speech, occupational or physical therapy, and students who are twice exceptional or gifted.
SEPTA strives to enhance the lives of students with special needs through:
- Social, Recreational, and Educational Programs
- Parent Education and Resources
- Professional Development and Grants
- Student Project Grants
- Recognition of Outstanding Practices and Achievements in Special Education for both faculty and students
SEPTA invites parents, teachers, and community members with an interest in improving the educational, social-emotional, and recreational opportunities of children with special needs to join our membership. Anyone is welcome to join SEPTA.
Become a SEPTA Member
3 easy ways to join!
1. Visit Member Hub to join directly through the NYS PTA Membership Portal (preferred)
2. Visit My School Bucks where you can pay for multiple school PTA memberships at once
3. Print and send back Membership Form. Place your completed membership form and payment (check made payable to Somers SEPTA or cash) in your school’s SEPTA Mailbox- attention SEPTA Membership.
Please consider supporting Somers SEPTA by becoming a member. The money raised from membership and from our fundraisers goes directly back into the schools, supporting the children, teachers, and parents in the district.
Save the Date - October 11th
Please join us for our SEPTA meeting in the Somers Middle School library at 7 PM.