Somers Intermediate School Mission
Somers Intermediate School embraces the belief in educating the whole child. Children continue to develop their social, emotional, physical, and academic skills during these formative years. We work to help students consider the impact of their actions on their local and global communities. We believe that children thrive in a safe learning community where they are fully engaged and are held accountable for their respectful and honest interactions with others.
SIS strives to be a school that:
- Supports social emotional and physical wellness as much as academic achievement
- Develops a 3-5 curriculum based on the common core standards and student readiness
- Develops instructional resources and practices that foster student success
- Develops assessments that measure student growth and inform instruction
- Develops relationships that are characterized by honesty, integrity, and respect