Somers Central School District will ignite a passion in each student
by engaging all students at a personal level to ensure success
in a global society.
The vision for Somers Central School District encompasses three
fundamental areas, each an important component of the Whole Child —
• 21st Century Knowledge & Skills
• Social-Emotional-Physical Wellness
• Global Citizenship
We desire to be a school district that —
• Believes our schools are the center of our community – a safe place to be and grow.
• Leads by example and encourages students to follow their passions.
• Holds high expectations for student achievement and character.
• Develops a k-12 curriculum, instructional resources, and assessments intended to
prepare students to thrive in a global community.
• Recognizes and celebrates the collective efforts and achievements of the Somers community
and embraces a healthy balance of participation from all stakeholders.
• Values social/emotional/physical wellness as much as academic achievement.
• Believes the arts are vital to the core curriculum.
• Gives back to the community through service to others.
• Understands the law, the constitution, and our civic, ethical and personal responsibilities
to each other.
• Develops relationships that are characterized by honesty, respect and integrity.
• Learns from and works collaboratively with individuals from diverse cultures, religions and
lifestyles in a spirit of mutual respect and open dialogue.
• Supports and encourages professional collaboration, district-wide and with local
organizations, to promote student learning.
• Is driven by a sense of continuous improvement.