Somers PTA Council is proud to bring back the National PTA Reflections Program!
The Reflections Program is a National PTA and New York State PTA cultural arts competition that gives students confidence in their abilities to explore ideas and learn through the arts!
The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works.
This year Somers students are encouraged to create original works of art in the areas of Literature and Visual Arts. The 2021–2022 Reflections theme is I Will Change the World By…
Students participate in the appropriate division for their grade:
- Primary (Pre-K - Grade 2)
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5)
- Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- Special Artist (All grades welcome)
*Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities.
Participants are eligible for the following awards from the National PTA:
- Merit Award: Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit
Fill-Out Entry Form at: https://forms.gle/RMSYDFMjpu6gZgX29
Upload works of art and literature at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LoY2IyElWPIyg3UEG6r__WxZVr4hXivt?usp=sharing
Deadline for Submission: November 19, 2021