As I stated before, it is important that your fifth grader learn organizational skills in order to be prepared for class every day. The following list has been put together to make sure that happens. You will need the items listed below for the first day of school.
PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE A TRAPPER KEEPER!
- 4 marble composition notebooks (If possible, have one be a graph paper notebook for math)
- 6 plastic pocket folders NO PRINTS PLEASE! Please do not label anything. We will do that at school.
- 1 blue or green for Social Studies and Science
- 1 clear or white for Take Home/HW
- 1 red for Work Folder for work
- 1 yellow folder for Reading
- 1 black folder for Writing
- 1 color of your choice for music
- 1 color of your choice as an extra
- 1 small zippered soft pencil case: Please make sure it fits inside a desk (large enough to hold a couple of pens, pencils, dry erase markers – the remainder of the supplies will go home and be replenished as needed.)
- 1 box of tissues
- 1 package of baby wipes
- 2 each pens - any color is fine
- 2 dozen #2 pencils
- 1 sharpie for labeling
- 5 packages of Post-Its 3x3
- 1 old sock or dry eraser
- Expo markers for white board
- 1 set ear buds for use with tablets and computers. Please do not bring in over the ear because of storage reasons.