Dear 3rd Grader,
Hello! I hope you are having a fantastic summer! Let me tell you a little bit about myself... my name is Mrs. Grodio and I am really looking forward to being your teacher this year in THIRD GRADE! I can’t wait to meet you! I have lived in Somers all my life and I went to Somers Intermediate School when I was your age. This is my eighteenth-year teaching in Somers (I have taught 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades!). I have two energetic boys named Max and Dylan and a sweet and active little girl named Reagan. Max is 10 ½ years old, Dylan is 8 ½ years old and Reagan is 3 ½ years old.
Let me tell you about some of my interests… I love all types of animals. I love playing sports like basketball, softball, volleyball and field hockey! I enjoy planting flowers and doing yard work, taking pictures, reading, watching TV and listening to music. We have spent a lot of time at our lake house in Pennsylvania this summer – I can’t wait to show you pictures! Now that you know a little bit about me, I’m looking forward to learning all about you!
Below is some information that I’m sure you’d like to know about the year ahead…
- Monday - Music
- Tuesday & Thursday – P.E.
- Wednesday – Library
- Friday – Art & P.E.
- We have lunch/recess every day from 1:10 - 2:10PM. Just like at Primrose, we will have snack time each day. Please remember to bring a healthy snack each day. You may bring in a small water bottle to keep at your desk.
- SIS is air-conditioned, so sometimes it might be a bit chilly for you. You may want to bring a sweatshirt or sweater in during these late summer days while the AC is still on! You can even leave it in your cubby if that’s easier.
- In terms of school supplies, there is no need to bring in ALL of them on the first day, but please try to have them in by the third or fourth day of school. You will need one ‘Take-Home’ folder on the first day!
- *** See the 3rd grade supply list on the SIS website! On my class site there are a few additional items to get. Thank you!
On the first few days of school, your classmates and I will begin to learn about each other. To start, we will learn about what we all did over the summer vacation! We will be sharing (telling about) something that is special to us or reminds us of a special summer memory. Try to bring a small object into school on the first day that reminds you of something you enjoyed doing over the summer! (If you forget the first day – bring it the next day!) It may be a photo, a T-shirt, a souvenir, a favorite book, etc… something that is important to you and that you can talk about. (Parents, please make sure the item is not fragile or too valuable…) I will be bringing in something too!
Our classroom is a bright and cheery place where we will work hard and have plenty of fun too! I am excited about thinking and learning new things with you this year! Enjoy the rest of the summer vacation and I’ll see you soon!