Information for Mrs. Edwards’ Class
- *Allergy Information: This is to inform you that there are students in your child’s class who have a serious food allergy to PEANUTS and TREE NUTS (i.e.: Almond, Walnut, Pecan, Pistachio, Cashew, Hazelnut, Brazil nut, Macadamia nut, etc.)
We are asking for your cooperation because a life-threatening allergic reaction can result from either ingestion or contact with the food allergen. Please check your labels carefully.
Snack Time -For your child’s snack, which is consumed in the classroom, DO NOT send in any food containing peanuts or tree nuts.
Classroom Celebrations- For food to be shared in the classroom for celebrations or events: · DO NOT send in any food containing peanuts or tree nuts. · DO NOT send in any products that have “been made in a factory with” or “processed on machinery that also processes” nuts.
Lunch Time- You may pack a lunch containing these products. Lunch is a more controlled situation because of the use of a table that does not allow nuts and peanuts. If your child wants to eat lunch with a friend at that table, we ask that you not send in any food containing tree nuts.
- Supplies for Mrs. Edward’s Class:
(these supplies will be kept in Mrs. Edwards’ classroom)
-Please label all supplies (even initialing individual markers if possible) except those for classroom use - they will be collected and distributed as needed. Thank you!
PLEASE LABEL THESE SUPPLIES:
- 2 black marble composition notebooks-WIDE-RULED (not college-ruled) – if possible, please make one of them a “primary notebook” with a picture box on each page. Staples does carry them.
- 1 Sturdy Plastic pocket folder
- 1 box thin or thick washable markers – 8 count
- 1 box colored pencils – 12 count
- 1 box crayons – 24 count
- 1 pair Fiskars blunt 5” scissors
- Large plastic supply box (~ 5” x 13”) - an empty wipes container works well, too
- Headphones (not earbuds) in a Ziploc bag-please LABEL headphones and bag with your child’s name
- 1 highlighter (yellow, pink or green)
- 1 roll of transparent tape
For Mrs. Edward’s Classroom Community Use:
- 60 #2 Ticonderoga pencils – SHARPENED
- 3 large glue sticks
- 2 packages of baby wipes
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 Post-it note pack (any color/variety)
- 1-2 Dry erase marker/s
- BOYS only: 1 box QUART or SANDWICH-sized Ziploc bags
- GIRLS only: 1 bottle of hand sanitizer (8 oz. or larger) OR 1 bottle of liquid hand soap
Please Note… In an effort to foster your child’s independence, while at the same time build a caring classroom community, some of the supplies will be kept in your child’s desk and others will be combined for a classroom supply.
It would be helpful for you and your child to assemble the pencil box at home. Please take the following out of the packaging and put them into the pencil box: the scissors, the highlighter, and the transparent tape. Also, include the crayons with their box. Please note, personal sharpeners are not required – we have “pencil sharpeners” who monitor pencil cans and keep them stocked!
- Additional Supplies for Mrs. Dwyer’s Class:
(to be kept in Mrs. Dwyer’s Classroom)
- 1 pack crayola colored pencils - 12 ct.
- 1 box crayola crayons - 24 ct.
- 1 box crayola markers - 8 ct.
- 1 large plastic supply box (approx 5" x 13")
- 1 pack black low odor dry erase marker
- 2 wide-ruled black and white marble notebooks
- 1 pack of #2 pencils
- Summer Project For Mrs. Edwards’ Class:
(Please bring in the first day of school so your child can share with their new friends!)
When you arrive at our classroom on the first day of school, we will be sharing some things that are special to us so we can all get to know each other. It would be wonderful if you could bring something from home that reminds you of something you have done or a trip that you have taken. You can bring a photo, a T-shirt, a souvenir, a favorite book...something that is important to you and that you don’t mind telling a story about.
Please feel free to reach out to me and your child’s general education teacher with any further questions you may have! My hope is that this information will help in navigating between our multiple classroom websites! As an inclusive special education classroom we value all students’ and their involvement in our general education partner classes! As the year progresses, we will continue to inform you of all important information for both your child’s classrooms.
Your Child’s Teaching Team J