Serious Food Allergies in Classroom
Please read carefully
This is to inform you that there are students in your child’s class who have a serious food allergy to PEANUTS.
We are asking for your cooperation because a life-threatening allergic reaction can result from either ingestion or contact with the food allergen. Please check your labels carefully.
For your child’s snack, which is consumed in the classroom, DO NOT send in any food containing peanuts.
For food to be shared in the classroom for celebrations or events: · DO NOT send in any food containing peanuts. DO NOT send in any products that have “been made in a factory with” or “processed on machinery that also processes” nuts.
You may pack a lunch containing these products. Lunch is a more controlled situation because of the use of a table that does not allow nuts and peanuts. If your child wants to eat lunch with a friend at that table, we ask that you not send in any food containing peanuts.
We ask you to do your best to help us minimize any risk to this child/children. Feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Susan L Pond, RN
Primrose School Nurse