Prospective Board of Education candidate packets are available to anyone who is a qualified voter of the community wishing to run for a seat on the Somers Board of Education. Seats are at large, meaning candidates do not run for specific seats.
A school board candidate:
- must be a US Citizen
- must be at least 18 years old
- must be able to read and write
- must be a resident of the district continuously for one year
- cannot be employed by the school district
- cannot live in the same household with a family member who's already a member of the school board
A board member's term is three years. The new term begins July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022.
The terms of Donna Rosenblum, Joseph Marra and Ifay Chang expire June 30, 2019.
If you are interested in running for a seat, please call the District Clerk's office, 914-277-2403. Nominating petitions must be filed with the District Clerk of the Somers Central School District. The deadline for filing is 5 pm, April 22, 2019.
For information on what a prospective school board should know, click here. For additional information or questions, please call Ms. Nancy Corrado, District Clerk, at 914-277-2403.