Learning Inclusively for All
Mission, Vision, and Values
An inclusive community is one in which all students have equal access to rigorous and rich curriculum. The culture, resources, and practice foster an authentic sense of belonging, a celebration of diversity, and an emphasis on strengths.
Engage all students in authentic learning experiences that maximize individual strengths and interests in order to promote lifelong learning in a global society. The diverse social, emotional, and academic needs of all students are met through the flexible and well-coordinated collaboration of the entire learning community.
The Somers Central School District is an inclusive learning community in which all students have equal access to a rigorous and rich curriculum. Emphasis is placed on students' individual strengths and interests, diversity is celebrated, and a focus is placed on creating an authentic sense of belonging for all. The culture, resources, and curriculum ensure that the diverse academic, social, and emotional needs of all students are met through coordinated collaboration of the entire learning community.
Somers Central School District Values:
· The collaborative work of Professional Learning Communities
· Personalized programming that emphasizes the individual strengths of all students
· Equal access to a rigorous and rich curriculum for all students
· Relationships based on mutual respect for all members of our diverse learning community
· Active and authentic learning for a lifetime